Access Unprotected Webcams
Have you ever wonder what was really going on in the other side of the world? What are those people doing out there? How about seeing into top secret labs? Or maybe even a police car’s dash camera. With the following information you can not only see through the eyes of “Big Brother”, but you can zoom, pan, tilt, capture & save images, and even reset the directions of the security cameras face! I know you might say this is quite disturbing so its make me a little hesitant to post this article but what the hell, anybody with internet he/she doesn’t even know about it will sometime stumble upon this hack on the internet. So just to make everybody aware about the existence of this technology that put your privacy in the eye of everybody I decided to post this anyway. This hack is been here in the internet ever since, but only few people know how to do this and how easy it is. So when you get bored after reading this post, try this knowledge that I pass onto you and travel around the world for free. And this is what I called the real, “Reality Show”.
Let’s get started:
1. Open up your web browser. Browsers that support tabbing (such as Firefox, and newer versions of Internet Explorer) are advisable. If you still don’t have Firefox get it here.
2. Using the browser, go to a search engine of your choice (i.e. Google), and input any of the following search queries:
These Google search links will get you started on finding live streaming feeds that are publicly accessible. Most of them are meant to be publicly viewable.
3. Choose a webcam and Enjoy.
4. That’s it, happy snooping.
- Only works on security cameras that are connected to the net.
- If you cannot pan the camera, check the top of the control panel. If it displays “Locked” the motion controls for the camera have been disables by the devices administrator.
- Using anonymous proxies can help protect your ip address from monitoring.
- The most interesting cameras are usually the ones that do not list a domain name, just an IP address
- For more Camera links of different Kinds go to http://www.viewer-frame-mode.com
- Do not do this at school or work, most schools and work will have monitoring software in place so that they can see what you are doing. It is best to read your school’s and work’s guidelines for computer use.
- CCTV viewing is not illegal, it is only illegal if you break through an existing login system for the camera.
The purpose of this post is just to raise awareness about this and not to abuse it. Please do this responsibly.